If you are looking for a tasty Christmas morning breakfast idea, then this recipe is for you! Perfect for sharing with family and friends, yet quick to whip up. With sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and eggs baked in a tray, is there a better way to start your Christmas day!
We love starting our Christmas morning (after the excitement of present opening of course) with a delicious breakfast. And what better then a shared feast with sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach! Serve with your favourite breads, sauces and orange juice for a great breakfast and perfect time around the table with loved ones.
This breakfast recipe is simple to make, but (as always with our recipes) includes a few important steps that adds the all important flavour.
You might also love:
- The perfect weekend breakfast
- Fish and seafood recipes for Christmas
- Simple Bircher Muesli Recipe
- Bakery style raspberry and white chocolate muffins
Oven baked breakfast recipe
This dish is assembled and then oven baked to finish it off. But there are a few simple steps to bring out the best in all the ingredients.
To start with part bake your mushrooms and tomatoes. Place a piece of baking paper onto an oven tray. Put your vine tomatoes in the center and sprinkle over a pinch of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Peel the skin off your portobello mushrooms and remove the center stalk. Place onto the tray with your tomatoes. Place a knob of butter on each mushroom. Grind over a good pinch of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Then bake them at 180 deg C for 15 minutes, while you prepare the rest of your dish.
Yes, but for great flavour brown them first in a hot pan, its only takes a few minutes but is well worth the time spent!
For this recipe we recommend using thin sausages or smaller breakfast sausages. With sausage it really is worth being the best quality, local ones you can afford we love Havoc Pork Farm sausages! Prior to oven baking with highly recommend browning the sausages in a large pan with butter and oil. Then use that same pan to wilt the spinach in for 30 seconds, allowing it to coat in the delicious pan juices.
So if you are looking for a tasty, social fun start to the holidays then this Christmas breakfast recipe is for you! Enjoy!
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness? Sign up to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Christmas Breakfast Recipe
- 8 Thin pork sausages See note 1 below
- 400 g Bacon
- 8 Tomatoes on the vine
- 12 Portobello mushrooms See note 2 below
- 100 g Butter
- 8 Free range eggs
- 120 g Fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon Canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg °C
- Start with your mushrooms and tomatoes, place a piece of baking paper onto an oven tray. Put your vine tomatoes in the center and sprinkle over a pinch of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel the skin off your portobello mushrooms and remove the center stalk. Place onto the tray with your tomatoes. Place a knob of butter on each mushroom. Grind over a good pinch of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the tray into your pre heated oven and bake for 15 minutes. While baking prepare the other ingredients.
- Heat a large pan on your stove top, add a couple of tablespoons of canola oil and a knob of butter, add your Havoc thin sausages and brown on each side. Remove and set aside and then add your spinach to the pan and cook for 30 seconds until just wilted.
- Grab your large oven proof dish, arrange your wilted spinach on the base, layer around the mushrooms, tomatoes, Havoc thins and bacon.
- Make little pockets where you want your eggs to sit and crack in your eggs.
- Season with a pinch of salad and a good grind of pepper. Place into your oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!