Fresh and vibrant classic Greek salad, full of flavour and simple to throw together. This dish is great as a light meal or a perfect side for chicken, fish or bbq’s. This salad, is one of our family go to recipes, for the summer bbq season.
How to make a Greek salad
This salad is a classic and so there are some standard ingredients you will find in it. Cucumber, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, olives, feta and basil. These ingredients give a Greek salad its classic fresh flavour. And all you have to do is chop and mix the ingredients then dress with the dressing. It really couldn’t be simpler!
The key to a great Greek salad is the best quality feta and olives you can afford!
You might also love:
- Thai Seafood Salad
- Mushroom, asparagus and feta tart
- How To Make Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls
- Roasted heirloom carrot salad
How to make a Greek salad dressing
Dress your Greek salad with a delicious, sharp dressing to really bring out the flavours of the salad ingredients. Our dressing is a classic, using dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, dried oregano and seasoning. We love to add all the ingredients into a jar with a lid, then simply give it a good shake to mix it up. Store it in the fridge until your ready to dress and serve your salad.
Great for making ahead. This dressing will last a few weeks in the fridge, in an airtight container.
How to store and keep the salad fresh
To keep the salad fresh store it covered in the fridge and use it the same day. Store the dressing separately, in an airtight container in the fridge. Then simply dress the salad just prior to serving and enjoy. We love dishes like this, prep ahead and spend more time enjoying the company of your guests!
With its fresh and vibrant flavours this classic Greek salad makes a great side dish. Perfect with chicken or fish. This salad is so simple to make it works great with bbq’s or any shared table when hosting friends and family.
If you love this dish, please leave us a review below. Or come join us on social and tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness, sign up to our newsletter and receive our latest e-recipe book, with tasty new week day recipe ideas!
Classic Greek Salad
- 1/2 Cucumber deseeded, cut into cubes
- 1 large Red pepper deseeded, cut into cubes
- 1/2 Red onion peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 Ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 12 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 12 Kalamata olives cut in half
- 150 g Goat feta cut into cubes
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 30 ml Sherry vinegar
- 70 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Make The Dressing
- Place all the ingredients into a jar with a lid.
- Give it all a good shake to combine.
- Store sealed in the jar, in the fridge, until ready to dress and serve the salad.
To Make The Salad
- In a large bowl add the chopped cucumber, pepper, red onion, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes ,olives. Give it a mix and arrange onto a serving plate.
- Spoon over some of the dressing. Sprinkle over the cubed feta and tear up the fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over the salad.
- Serve straight away or store in the fridge until needed.
- Enjoy with grilled chicken breast or a nice piece of grilled fish.