Fresh and vibrant classic Greek salad, full of flavour and simple to throw together. This dish is great as a light meal or a perfect side for chicken, pork, fish or bbq’s. This salad, is one of our family go to recipes, for the summer bbq season. An easy side dish, that can be prepared ahead. Just keep the salad dressing separate, until ready to serve.
If you’re looking for a quick, fresh go to salad, this is a great recipe for you. Enjoy!
How to make a Greek salad
A classic Greek salad has some standard ingredients in it. Cucumber, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, olives, feta and basil. These ingredients are what give the salad its classic fresh flavour. And all you have to do is prepare and mix the salad ingredients then prior to serving, dress with the dressing. It really couldn’t be simpler!
The key to a great Greek salad is using the best quality feta and olives, you can afford!
You might also love
- Thai Seafood Salad
- Mushroom, asparagus and feta tart
- How To Make Vegetable Rice Paper Rolls
- Roasted heirloom carrot salad
How to make a Greek salad dressing.
Dress your Greek salad with a delicious, sharp dressing to really bring out the flavours of the salad ingredients. Our dressing is a classic, using dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, dried oregano and seasoning. We love to add all the ingredients into a jar with a lid, then simply give it a good shake to mix it up. Store it in the fridge until your ready to dress and serve your salad.
Storing the salad and dressing.
To keep the salad ingredients fresh, store covered in the fridge. Also keep the dressing separately, in an airtight container in the fridge. If stored correctly ingredients will stay fresh for a few days. Then simply dress the salad just prior to serving and enjoy. This is our type of dish! Prep ahead and spend more time enjoying the company of your guests!
With its fresh and vibrant flavours this classic Greek salad makes an easy side dish. Perfect with chicken or pork. This salad is so simple to make it works great with bbq’s or any shared table when hosting friends and family.
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Our goal is to share simple, tasty dishes created by Chef Shane and partner, Sara. Using Shane’s understanding of flavours and knowledge of food, to teach and inspire you to create delicious food everyday and gain a new level of confidence in the kitchen. Sara understands what it’s like preparing weekly dinners for a busy family of five and likes to create dishes that are easy, full of flavour and that the whole family will enjoy.
Classis Greek salad recipe
Classic Greek Salad
- 1/2 Cucumber deseeded, cut into cubes
- 1 large Red pepper (bell peppers) deseeded, cut into cubes
- 1/2 Red onion peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 Ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 12 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 12 Kalamata olives cut in half
- 150 g Goat feta cut into cubes
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 30 ml Sherry vinegar
- 70 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Make The Dressing
- Place all the ingredients into a jar with a lid.
- Give it all a good shake to combine.
- Store in sealed container in the fridge, until ready to dress and serve the salad.
To Make The Salad
- In a large bowl add the chopped cucumber, pepper, red onion, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes ,olives. Give it a mix and arrange onto a serving plate.
- Spoon over some of the dressing. Sprinkle over the cubed feta and tear up the fresh basil leaves and sprinkle over the salad.