Delicious and easy pork loin chops recipe, shows you how to sear and cook the meat then make the sauce all in the same pan. Not only is this method quick and easy it adds to the flavour and keeps all those yummy juices in the pan, we then use those juices as a base for the sauce, yum! The pork is paired with apples, pancetta and brandy to create a seriously delicious meal! So if you need some pork loin chop inspiration and you’re ready to discover a new faviourte, follow our recipe below.
Discover more delicious recipes:
What is a pork loin chop?
The pork loin is the cut that runs along the spine of the pig, between the shoulder and rump. This cut further breaks down into shoulder/blade chops, rib chops, loin chops and sirloin chops. This is the leanest and most tender part of the pig, making it the most expensive. For this recipe we used a boneless mid section pork loin, which when cooked right is a delicious, tender cut of pork. Due to its low fat content, you want to cook this meat quickly to keep it tender and prevent it from drying out.
If you have followed our blog for a while, you will know we always recommend buying local and getting to know your butchers/ producers. Chat to your local butcher about what they have available and they will guide you through finding the right cut of meat!
Our friends at Havoc Farm Pork ‘Home of the happy hogs’ are unwavering in their commitment to quality, sustainability and animal welfare. Their hard work and commitment can be tasted in the beautiful pork they produce.
One Pan Pork Dish
This recipe uses a method that is quick, to retain the beautiful tenderness of the cut and made in one pan to use all the juices and develop amazing flavour!
Heavy cast iron ovenproof dishes are great for this but any oven proof dish will work. This cut of meat still has the skin on. Take the time to score the skin and then sear it to create tasty crispy skin, which also adds great texture. Then sear both sides of the meat in the pan, add some butter and pop it straight into the oven to cook for 3 minutes on both sides. This method will produce a beautiful tender piece of pork loin. Rest the meat in a resting dish to collect the juices and then make the sauce in the same pan you cooked the pork in. Using all those cooking juices as the base for the sauce will create a seriously delicious sauce. Add to that the beautiful pairing of pancetta, apples, brandy, cream and we are confident you have just found a new faviourte dish!
Seriously tasty but also this delicious and easy pork loin chops recipe, also creates minimal washing up thats a win all round in our book!
Enjoy and we would love to hear your thoughts on this tasty recipe. Follow us on social and share your photos.
Follow us here:
Delicious And Easy Pork Loin Chops
- 4 Pork loin chops
- 4 tbsp Canola oil
- 100 g Butter
- 2 Shallots (Finely diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 80 g Pancetta (Cut into small dice)
- 60 ml Brandy
- 2 Granny smith apples (Peeled and diced into small cubes)
- 250 ml Cream
- 100 g Baby spinach
- 16 spears Asparagus
- 8 Streaky bacon rashers
- 12 New baby potatoes
- Salt and pepper (To taste)
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C.
- To prepare your pork loin chops, using a sharp knife ( we use a box cutter) score through the skin in 5mm intervals.
- Heat a cast iron oven proof dish (or an ovenproof fry pan) , add your canola oil and heat until smoky.
- Season the pork loin chops with salt and pepper. Once your pan is hot place your pork chops skin side down, standing up to crisp the skin. Once browned seal both the flesh sides.
- Add the butter to the pan, allowing it to melt then place into the oven. Cook for 3 minutes then turn the pork chops over and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer your pork chops to a resting dish to catch the juices and cover to keep warm.
- Place the pan you cooked your pork in on the stovetop on a medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, pancetta and fry until golden brown. Add the diced apples and brandy. Reduce the brandy until the liquid has evaporated then add the cream.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the baby spinach, allow to wilt in the sauce. Add your pork chops, including the resting juices, back into the pan and cover with the sauce.
New potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus (Prepare while pork is cooking)
- Place your new potatoes into a medium pot and fill with water, bring to the boil until cooked.
- While your potatoes are cooking, trim your asparagus into even lengths and wrap with the streaky bacon and hold in place with skewers.
- To cook you asparagus simply use a grill plate or frypan and heat with a little canola oil. Add your asparagus bundles and pan fry each side until golden brown and the bacon is crisp.
- Serve and enjoy!
- We recommend spending time to crisp the pork loin skin in the pan, this adds an extra texture to the finished dish.
- Using one dish that can move from hob to oven build delicious flavours.