An Egyptian spice mix, with a lightly toasted blend of nuts, seeds and spices. This pistachio dukkah recipe adds a delicious mix of Middle Eastern flavours, texture and goodness to a variety of dishes. A great homemade seasoning to have ready on the go.
And so easy to make, let us show you how.
- Sesame seeds
- Cumin powder
- Coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make pistachio dukkah
Three easy steps!
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C / 400 °F. Put the pistachios, almonds, sesame seeds, coriander seed and cumin powder on to a baking tray.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and allow the nuts and spices to toast for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Once cooled, it's time to crush those delicious flavours together. Place in a mini blender or mortar and pestle, then blend or pound until well crushed. Add the salt and pepper and mix through.
It's that simple, ENJOY!
Hint: Blend to your desired consistency. Make it as coarse or powdery as you like. If you are making a bulk batch, you could leave it coarse and adjust depending on how you want to use each serving.
How to store
Dukkah will keep for up to a month in an airtight container. Store in a dark, dry place.
Or to make it last long, it can be placed in a seal container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Simply remove from freezer and allow it to come up to room temperature before using.
How to serve dukkah with bread
A traditional Middle Eastern dish, serving dukkah with bread is a delicious appetizer. Simply use fresh or lightly toasted bread, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil. Then dip or sprinkle the bread with the dukkah for an aromatic, crunchy treat!
Frequent asked questions
An Egyptian seasoning, dukkah has earthy tones with the toasted nuts and seeds, along with a little heat and freshness from the herbs and spices like cumin, coriander and pepper.
Dukkah is made using a healthy mix of nuts, seeds and spice, creating a nutrient packed seasoning that you can sprinkle over so many dishes.
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Our goal is to share simple, tasty dishes created by Chef Shane and partner, Sara. Using Shane's understanding of flavours and knowledge of food, to teach and inspire you to create delicious food everyday and gain a new level of confidence in the kitchen. Sara understands what it's like preparing weekly dinners for a busy family of five and likes to create dishes that are easy, full of flavour, that the whole family will enjoy.
- 70 g Pistachio 2.4 oz
- 70 g Almonds 2.4 oz
- 40 g Sesame seeds 1.4 oz
- 4 g Coriander seeds 0.1 oz
- 4 g Cumin powder 0.1 oz
- 4 g Salt 0.1 oz
- 2 g Pepper 0.07 oz
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C / 400 °F
- Place the pistachios, almonds, sesame seeds, coriander seeds and cumin powder onto a small baking tray and place into the oven.
- Toast the nuts and spices for 8 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place them into a mini blender (or mortar and pestle) and blend (pound) until well crushed. Add the salt and pepper and mix through.
Or it can be frozen, place in a sealed container for up to 6 months.