This quick and tasty pork noodles recipe is a great one pot mid week meal, that the whole family will love. Its simple to prepare, quick to make and its caramelised sauce makes it super tasty, so good you'll want to lick the bowl 😉
Discover more delicious recipes:
Quick and tasty pork noodle recipe
This dish is simple and yet packs a punch in the taste department. It is an easy version of a Lo mein, the main difference being that the noodles are being cooked in the same pan. Traditional for Lo mein the noodles are par boiled separately then tossed through the sauce at the end. The key is letting the sauce really caramelise with the pork. This enhances the delicious sweet and savory flavours that will have you wanting seconds.
The vegetables in this recipe are super versatile so use what you have available. Bean sprout, green beans, snow peas, cabbage, any leafy greens are all great vegetables with noodles. And if your` feeling like you need some extra veggies, you can easily add more to this dish.
We have used instant noodles, but any egg noodles and most other noodles will work.
For the sauce we use the two types of soy sauce, you could just use a light soy sauce but using the dark soy really adds a tasty flavour. Dark soy has a much deeper umami flavour, giving this sauce a yummy kick.
Cooking with a wok
For this recipe we used a wok, which is great for quick high heat cooking. Put if you dont have one a large fry pan, will work too. Just make sure its large enough to fit all the ingredients in.
The art to cooking in a wok, is to have all your ingredients prepped and close by. So spend the time making sure you have everything you need ready, as once you start cooking you want to turn up the heat and cook fast. Remember to keep moving you ingredients around to prevent them from burning. Dont over cook your vegetables, keep them crunchy for great texture and let the sauce caramelise for the yummy flavour.
The added benefit of this dish is cooking the noodles in the wok too, making it an easy one pot meal. The starch from the noodles will help thicken your sauce and you'll have less cleaning up. That makes this quick and easy pork noodles recipe a win- win in my book 🙂
Enjoy! - Sara
Quick and tasty pork noodles
- 400 g Pork mince
- 3 servings Instant egg noodles
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 4 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- ¼ head Broccoli
- 1 Broccoli stalk (Substitute with bean sprouts, green beans cabbage, any leafy greens)
- 1 tablespoon Dark soy sauce (Substitute with light soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 cube Chicken stock
- 2.5 cups water (Plus a little extra as required)
- Green onions (Shallots)
- Sesame seeds (Toasted or plain to your preference)
- Prepare all your ingredients. Dice the onions, crush the garlic. Chop the carrots and broccoli stalk into 2 inch matchsticks. Cut the broccoli florets into thin pieces.
- Prepare the sauce. Mix the soy sauces, hoisin and oyster sauce.
- Prepare all your other ingredients and have near your hob. Once you start cooking this dish, you do so quickly on a high heat so you need all the ingredients to hand!
- Heat your wok (or large frying pan) to a high heat. Add the oils to the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook for a minute or 2 until they start to go golden.
- Add the pork mince, break it up as its cooking. Cook until the mince has turn light brown.
- Add the sauce ingredients. Allow the sauce to cook for 3 minutes and caramelise with the pork. This really brings out the tasty sweet/ savory flavours of the sauce!
- Add the vegetable and stir well.
- In your pan push all the ingredients to one side. Add the water and stock cube. Place the noodle in the water. Add a little more water if required to cover the noodles.
- Let cook on one side for 1 minute then turn the noodles over allowing to cook through. The starch from the noodles will help thicken the sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients together well, allowing the sauce to reduce down and coat all the ingredients.
- Serve and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds (optional)
Latest Instagram Posts:
Leave your reviews, comments and questions below.