Delicious on its own or perfect as a side, this warm roasted butternut squash salad with yoghurt dressing, is simple to put together yet full of flavour and health benefits.
Whether its meat free Monday, your meat free 24/7 or your just want a tasty serving of vegetables this is a great recipe to have to hand. Simple to prepare after browning the vegetables in the pan simple transfer it to the oven to roast and while the oven is working its magic prepare the yoghurt dressing. Its well worth investing in pans that are also oven proof, being able to brown ingredients off on the stove then add the same dish to the oven is not only simple but a great way of building flavour in the dish. Just remember to have an oven dish to hand when removing the pan from the oven. Then keep a tea towel over the handle to remind you its hot!
Discover more delicious recipes:
Is butternut squash healthy?
Not only is this vegetable delicious roasted but its packed full of health benefits. A great superfood as the weather starts to turn cold. Butternut Squash is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Research is finding diets high in antioxidants may reduce risk of some cancers and cognitive decline. There is also a link with reduced risk of heart disease. With all these benefits plus its deliciousness what's not to love!
What is tarragon?
Tarragon is a leafy green herb with an aniseed flavour popular in French cuisine. Tarragon works great in dressings, with fish and chicken. Also full of health benefits tarragon has been used for a long time in medicinal medicine. It may reduce blood sugar and has long been linked to improved sleep, appetite and heart health.
For those days when you want to eat to fuel your body with goodness this roasted butternut squash salad with yoghurt dressing is the perfect recipe. We suggest arrange of toppings use them all if you can or mix them up with what you have available. I always make a little extra, as the leftovers re heated make a great lunch 😉
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Our goal is to share simple, tasty dishes created by Chef Shane and partner, Sara. Using Shane's understanding of flavours and knowledge of food, to teach and inspire you to create delicious food everyday and gain a new level of confidence in the kitchen. Sara understands what it's like preparing weekly dinners for a busy family of five and likes to create dishes that are easy, full of flavour and that the whole family will enjoy.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad With Yoghurt Dressing
- 1 Small Whole butternut Squash (Cut into chunks)
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Pinch of Cumin seeds
- 2 Sprig Rosemary
- Salt and pepper (To season)
- ½ Onion (Cut into wedges)
- Handful of Spinach
- Sunflower seeds
- Almonds (Sliced)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mini Basil leaves
- Bunch of Tarragon (Fresh)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 150 g Natural yoghurt (Unsweetened)
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place a frypan on a high heat. Add the oil. Once hot add the butternut squash, onion, cumin seeds, rosemary and season to taste.
- Allow the ingredients to brown, then place in the preheated oven till the squash is roasted and soft. Time will vary depending on size of squash pieces.
- While the squash is roasting, prepare the yoghurt dressing.
- Place the tarragon and garlic in a mortar and pestle and pound. (You can also use a mini blender). Then add the yoghurt and salt, mix well. Set aside.
- Once the squash is roasted remove from oven and add spinach, allow to sit and wilt.
- To serve top with a handful of sunflower seeds and almonds, mini basil, add the yoghurt dressing and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!
Latest Instagram Posts: