We have spent years seeking out the perfect, soft and chewy cookie recipe. The type the kids pick up at cafes and devour, with their slightly crunchy outer edge moving to a chewy, soft center. This recipe for white chocolate cookies, is certainly approved by both kids and adults in our house and never last long!
Whenever we come across such perfectly baked morsels, we can’t help but set ourselves the challenge of recreating them at home. The kids have been willing taste testers, as we set about, to find out what makes those cookies so soft and chewy.
After much tinkering with ingredients, looking at various recipes and methods, we finally created the perfect mix. We cant wait to share this recipe with you!
Discover more delicious recipes:
The secrets to the best ever soft and chewy cookie recipe!
Firstly, its all about the butter, which needs to be slightly melted just to the point of creating a slight pool of runny butter in the bottom of the bowl. This takes about 15 seconds in the microwave, but watch it closely, you don’t want it going too runny.
Secondly, its the amount of baking time, these cookies only need baking for 10 mins, 11 at the most. You want them to be slightly golden on the very edge, but extremely soft still. You may doubt if they are cooked enough, but don’t be tempted to give them longer. Take them out, let them cool and they will harder up just enough to give you a delicious cookie!
For this recipe, we have added chocolate chips but if you don’t have any don’t let that stop you trying them. You could use some chocolate from a block chopped up into small chunks. Chocolate smarties or button will also work great. I have also replaced the chocolate altogether before and thrown in the same quantity of raisins, a good option for lunch boxes.
So enjoy making these cookies and most of all enjoy tasting! Look forward to seeing your feedback or questions below.
The best ever soft and chewy cookie recipe.
- 125 g Melted butter (See notes above)
- 3/4 cup Soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup White chocolate chips (can use milk or dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 175°c
- Melt butter, see notes above, beat butter and sugars.
- Add golden syrup, vanilla & egg, lightly beat.
- Sift flour and baking soda together then add salt.
- Add mixtures together till combined, to form a ball. Add 1 tbsp of flour if required.
- Mix in the chocolate and stir.
- Form into 16 balls, place on a lined baking tray and press lightly with fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-11 minutes. (See notes above)
- Leave on tray to cool and harden.