Homemade Crunchy Granola
Delicious crunchy homemade granola, perfect recipe for breakfast or over yoghurt and fruit, a great family favourite.
Servings: 4 - 6
- 450 g Rolled oats
- 120 g Sunflower seeds Substitute with a mix of your favourite seeds and/or nuts
- 175 g Apple sauce
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (dried)
- 60 g Rice syrup Substitute with golden syrup
- 4 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil Substitute with canola oil
- 300 g Raisins Or any mix of dried fruit
- 125 g Mixed seeds and/or nuts (Optional)
Heat oven to 170°c
Add all the ingredients (not the toppings) into a large bowl
Mix well, making sure the apple sauce and oil is evenly mixed throughout the mixture
Pour mixture into a baking tray, you want to create a layer about 1cm in thickness
After 20 minutes carefully remove the tray from the oven and give the mixture a good stir
Place back in the oven for an additional 5-15 minutes, depending on how toasted you like your granola.
Remove granola from oven, stir through raisins and any additional seed or nut toppings. Allow to cool.