Looking for a new nutritious breakfast idea that the whole family will love? Then these tasty yoghurt granola cups are for you! Simple and fun to make, we love the texture and flavour of the crunchy granola cups with yoghurt and fresh berries. The cups can be made ahead and topped with your favorite yoghurt and a variety of fruit. The perfect breakfast, healthy snack or bite-sized dessert.
Ready to try these moreish cups, let's get cooking.
We love homemade breakfast ideas and different ways to encourage the whole family to have a healthy start to the day. This recipe is a fun twist on the classic mix of granola and yoghurt with fruit. Individual portions mean everyone can add their own favourite ingredients. Keeping even your pickiest eaters happy!
For another healthy homemade breakfast check out our bircher muesli recipe.
- Rolled oats - these oats work best for this recipe as they have a softer texture than traditional oats.
- Banana - a great way to use up those bananas that are getting a little old and brown but have a great natural sweetness.
- Yogurt - A firmer yogurt like Greek works well here, but go with your favourite or dietary requirements, coconut milk yogurt would well too
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries.
See the recipe card below for quantities.
How to make granola cups.
Create these tasty granola cups in a few simple steps:
Mash the banana.
Add the oats and honey to the mashed banana.
Mix until the ingredients are well combined. Lightly grease a 6 cup muffin tray.
Equally, divide the mixture into a 6 cup muffin tray. Press the mixture evenly into the side and bottom to create cups. Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Bake the granola cups in a 180 ℃ / 350 ℉ preheated oven for 30 mins. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Prepare the topping ingredients, and add to each cup. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Hint: To keep the granola cups nice and crunchy, simply add the yogurt and berries right before serving.
Other recipes you might love.
Our chocolate and coconut bliss ball recipe is another tasty homemade snack idea, we think you will love. Or for something a little bit 'naughty' but oh so nice try an ATK favourite recipe: raspberry and white chocolate muffins.
Once baked and cooled the granola cups can be stored in an airtight container, great for making the night before and serving in the morning. Simply serve plater style, with yoghurt and a variety of fresh fruit and let everyone add their own toppings.
- If using a firm honey, combine it with the mashed banana first then add the oats.
- For the best texture and crunch aim for an even THIN layer of granola mixture in each cup. Using something round like a bottle cap is great for pressing down the centre and creating a thin even base.
One thing we love about granola cups is how different toppings you can add to the yogurt. Some of our favourite are:
- Any type of berries fresh or frozen - if using frozen, allow to defrost and drain.
- Sliced kiwi fruit.
- Chopped banana.
- Diced melon - any variety will work.
- Chopping dried fruit.
- Drained tinned fruit.
- Apple sauce.
- Crushed nuts.
Frequent asked questions
Ideally, yogurt granola cups are best enjoyed immediately after preparation for optimal texture. However, you can refrigerate them for 1-2 days in an airtight container. Keep in mind that the granola may soften over time, so it's recommended to add toppings just before serving.
You can use any yoghurt based on your preference. But we think Greek yogurt works best, for our recipe, as it has a firmer texture. For a dairy-free yogurt alternative coconut milk yogurt would work well too.
Yogurt granola cups are a delicious and fun treat for breakfast, snack time or bite sized desserts. With creamy yogurt and crunchy granola, they create a delightful flavor combination. So gather your ingredients, follow our simple steps and enjoy!
Yogurt Granola Cups
- 1 ½ cup Rolled oats
- 1 Banana
- ¼ cup Honey
Toppings - to serve
- 1 cup Yogurt (Use your yogurt of choice)
- Spray oil (for greasing muffin tray, see note 1)
- Extra honey or maple syrup To drizzle over the top. (Optional)
Make the granola base
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the oats, and honey to the mashed banana and mix until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a muffin pan and divide over 6 cups. Push the mixture to the edges and bottom, so that you are creating a cup, with an even thin layer of mixture. (See note 2)
- Freeze the muffin tray for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃ / 350 ℉. Bake the granola cups for 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add yogurt and berries to each cup. Drizzle with a little extra honey or maple syrup.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.