Have you been looking for the perfect light and fluffy blueberry muffins recipe to recreate those bakery favourites at home?! Well we have the perfect recipe for you and all the chef secrets to make them irresistible!
THE SECRET TO THE PERFECT LIGHT AND FLUFFY MUFFINS
This is absolutely top secrets from a chef, in fact its straight from the flour dusted pastry department of any top eatery or hotel. There’s almost a feeling of not wanting to share, but we will and we are excited to show you how to create the perfect muffins at home.
HOW DO YOU MAKE FLUFFY AND MOIST MUFFINS?
So the secret is … mixing the dry and wet ingredients together with your hands!
Simply ditch the spoons, spatulas and use your hands! Now we have all read ‘do not over mix’, but this doesnt explain it enough. Make a well in the dry ingredients, pouring in the wet ingredients and flavours then literally stir the batter as little as possible with your hands. 3 stirs is perfect but aim for no more then 5. It wont be completely combined and it’s going to be very tempting to do a few quick additional mixes but seriously stop! As you scoop the batter out make sure you are taking a mixture of ingredients and the batter will continue to combine as it cooks.
THE PERFECT MUFFIN RECIPE?
So we have shared with you our number one top secret to the perfect light and fluffy blueberry muffins.
There are a few other points that will impact the quality of your muffins.
Filling your cases right to the top (nevermind 3/4 full!), the thickness of the batter, amount of flour, using baking powder, soft brown sugar, oil and the ratio of dry to wet ingredients. But rather then bore you with the science of how this creates a thick but moist batter and hold you back any longer from your muffin epiphany. We will just leave the perfect recipe for you below. You’re welcome!
We would love to see what your create so follow and share with us!
Follow us here:
Light and fluffy blueberry muffins
- 415 g Plain flour
- 115 g Soft brown sugar
- 20 g Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 125 g Oil
- 275 g Milk (Yes grams, its more accurate!)
- 10 g Vanilla essence
- 250 g Blueberries
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 165°c. Prepare and grease muffin tray. (We use oil spray)
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient large mixing bowl. Then add the blueberries and cinnamon.
- Use your hand to mix the ingredients together, but do not over mix. Aim for 3 stirs with your hand but no more then 5!
- Trust us! It wont be perfectly mixed together so it will be very tempting to mix more but stop yourself. The ingredients will blend together as they cook.
- Scoop the mixture into the 12 cases, filling them to the top. Sprinkle each muffin some oats.
- Bake in the oven for 30-34 mins, depending on your oven and size of muffin tin, your cooking time will vary slightly. So keep an eye on them at the end, if an inserted skewer comes out clean you know they are ready.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from tray and place on cooling rack (cooling them in the tray would create damp bottom and sides).