This easy curried cauliflower soup starts with all my favorite ingredients onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. With the addition of cauliflower not only is this soup delicious but also packed with nutritional ingredients.
This recipe also meets lots of different dietary requirements. It is blended to the desired consistency and doesn't require milk or cream. You can also switch out the chicken stock for vegetable stock making this a great vegan meal.
Discover more delicious recipes:
There’s a reason cauliflower is so popular at the moment, even though it is a white food, it is extremely nutritious. High in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and B vitamins, it is also good for gut health and as a watery vegetable it helps hydrate the body. With so many health benefits its a great vegetable to add to your 5 a day.
How to cook with curry powder:
To start this dish heat the pan, add the oil then the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. At this stage add a pinch of salt to help cook the onions. Cook slowly on a meduim heat, until soft and the onions are translucent.
Add the curry powder, if its too dry add a little more oil. Then cook for a few minutes, to cook out the curry powder (raw curry powder has a very different taste!) and allow the base flavours to blend. You will know when the curry powder has been cooked long enough, as it will release its aroma.
This curried cauliflower soup is super easy to make and is a great meat free option for lunch or dinner. It also stores well, up to 3 days covered in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. So I love to make a batch of this soup and have ready as a quick, easy and healthy lunch.
So if soup is your thing then this tasty recipe is a must try! Enjoy!
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Our goal is to share simple, tasty dishes created by Chef Shane and partner, Sara. Using Shane's understanding of flavours and knowledge of food, to teach and inspire you to create delicious food everyday and gain a new level of confidence in the kitchen. Sara understands what it's like preparing weekly dinners for a busy family of five and likes to create dishes that are easy, full of flavour and that the whole family will enjoy.
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic Crushed
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Grated
- 1 large Green chilli Grated. Adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mild curry powder
- 1 large Cauliflower Cut into chunks
- 1 large Potato Peeled, cut into chunks
- 1.2 litres Stock Chicken or Vegetable
- Salt and pepper To season
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, on a medium heat. Add the oil. Cook the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, until soft and translucent. Add a pinch of salt with the onion, to help break them down.
- Add the curry powder (if it is too dry add a little more oil). Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat, to cook out the curry powder and allowing the flavours to blend. You will know when it is ready as the aroma will be released!
- Add the cauliflower and potato, giving it a good mix to coat it in the base flavours.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Take off heat and allow to cool a little. Place in a blender and blend until smooth.