One pan creamy chicken thighs with chorizo, a simple yet delicious dish. A go to recipe for a mid week family favourite or for entertaining a crowd at the weekend. This dish with perfectly cooked chicken and delicious sauce is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Make sure to serve with some fresh bread for mopping up that sauce! YUM!
You might also love...
Cooking with chicken thighs
Thigh meat is such a great cut of chicken. It holds its moisture during cooking, preventing you from ending up with dried chicken. And it is also often a cheaper cut of meat making it perfect for feeding a crowd.
Starting the cooking process on the stove, enables you to build delicious flavour in the pan and sear the meat. Remember colour means flavour! And its absolutely worth spending 10 minutes at the stove, to sear the meat and develop the sauce. We see recipes that suggest missing this step if you are short on time, but don't, try it and you'll never go back!
Hungry for more delicious yet simple recipes? Get your free copy of our e-recipe book today...
Spending time creating that flavour in the pan, makes the next step even more rewarding. Simply pop your oven proof pan, in the oven and allow the heat to do all the hard work for you. Allowing 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce will also have thickened and reduced by half. Creating a incredibly moreish sauce. Once ready remove from the oven and remove the chicken from the pan. Return to the stove to simply add and wilt the spinach. Return the chicken to the dish to serve along side your favourite sides. This dish works well with so many sides making, great for mid week meals. Serve with roasted vegetables, baked sweet potato, rice, greens or fresh bread.
If you are looking for new dish ideas to add to your weekly repertoire, then this one pan creamy chicken thigh with chorizo recipe is definitely one to try. Enjoy!
Love this dish? Please leave us a review below. And come join us on social, tag us in your delicious photos Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Hungry for more deliciousness? Subscribe to our newsletter, to receive our latest e-recipe book and never miss another ATK recipe!
Our goal is to share simple, tasty dishes created by Chef Shane and partner, Sara. Using Shane's understanding of flavours and knowledge of food, to teach and inspire you to create delicious food everyday and gain a new level of confidence in the kitchen. Sara understands what it's like preparing weekly dinners for a busy family of five and likes to create dishes that are easy, full of flavour and that the whole family will enjoy.
Creamy Chicken Thighs with Chorizo
- Cast iron pan
- 1.5 kg Chicken Thighs Bone in
- 2 tablespoon Canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ Red onion Diced small
- 4 cloves Garlic Peeled, minced
- ½ Red capsicum Diced
- 80 g Chorizo sausage Sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 250 ml Chicken stock
- 300 ml Cream
- 80 g Baby spinach
- Pre heat the oven on fan bake to 200 deg C
- Place the cast iron dish onto the stove top and heat to a high heat, add the canola oil.
- Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt and pepper and place into the hot pan, get a little colour on the thighs, turn the heat to low and allow the thighs to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Don't turn the thighs over, keep cooking them on one side.
- After 10 minutes remove the thighs from the pan and place to the side, add the diced red onion, garlic, chorizo and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan and add the chicken stock and cream, bring to the simmer and place into the pre heated oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes in the oven until the thighs are cooked and the sauce has reduced by half.
- Remove from the oven and place onto the stove top, turn onto a medium heat, remove the thighs, add the baby spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Add the thighs back to the pan and serve with your favourite sides. Delicious with fresh bread to mop up the sauce!