This quick healthy noodle bowl is perfect for lunch or a mid week dinner. Its simple to prepare yet delicious. With a light soup base but packed full of healthy proteins, this dish will keep you feeling full and healthy.
This recipe has a Japanese influence and is a cross between a buddha bowl and ramen. With the traditional trio of protein, grain and vegetable but with a soup base. Knowing the hours of work that goes into making a true ramen stock, the purist in me couldn't call this dish a ramen!
Discover more delicious recipes:
What is a buddha bowl?
Traditionally a buddha bowl is small portions of vegetarian proteins, grains and vegetables served cold. Normally using whole grains such as quinoa or brown rice, plant proteins such as chickpeas or tofu, and vegetables.
This recipe uses egg and edamame for the protein, but you could use tofu or even chicken or seafood. The noodles can be switched for whatever noodles you have available. Vermicelli noodles (also know as rice noodle) are great with this dish as well. For the vegetables and garnishes, you really can mix and match with what you have available. This is one of the reasons I love this dish, its healthy, delicious and versatile, you can easily substitute ingredients to meet your dietary requirements.
A healthy work lunch
This is a great take to work lunch option. Simply prepare the soup and noodles in a food flask, vermicelli noodles would work well as you can add them dry and they will soften in the soup. Store the other prepared ingredients in a separate container, ready to add to the soup and noodles at lunch time! Yum!
This quick healthy noodle bowl really is simple to make, delicious and packed full of health benefits so an all round winner in my mind!
Quick healthy noodle bowl
- 2 portions Thick Noodles (Dried) Substitute with your preferred noodles
- 1 Egg
- 2 pkt Miso soup
- 2 handfuls Edamame
- ½ Avocado
- Spring onion chopped
- Put a pan of water on to boil and cook your egg to soft boiled.
- Cook your noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Prepare your avocado, edamame and garnishes.
- Prepare your miso soup according to the packet instructions.
- Place your cooked noodles and egg in a bowl, pour over your miso soup.
- Add your avocado, edamame and garnishes.
- It's that simple enjoy!
- You can easily substitute the protein and grains in this dish to suit your dietary requirements.
- Great for take to work lunch option. Prepare the soup and noodles in a food flask, keeping the other ingredients in a separate container, ready to add at lunch time.